Eric is an experienced hedge fund manager. After a number of years as an options trader, his interest for quantitative strategy development led him to found his own firm, Entramarket Capital, manager of a volatility arbitrage hedge fund. Recently, Eric is currently leading a research pipeline to apply recent advances in machine learning and convolutional neural networks to cross-asset volatility and systematic derivative trading strategies.
Eric’s interest in blockchain and crypto assets began as a philosophical curiosity for the possibility of widely distributed and freely adapted intermediary of trade – digital assets a the modern currency. His experience working with market microstructure, liquidity analysis, and dynamic pricing models have many cross applications to the blockchain space, and Eric brings his experience to Vellum Capital to assist with firm management and Blockchain’s unique trade environment.
Eric holds a degree BA in Economics from Hillsdale College, and a Masters in Business Administration (MBA) from Devos Graduate School at Northwood University. He serves boards and advisory roles of private companies, and also on boards of nonprofit organizations. He has passed NFA Series 3 and 65 license examinations.
David Veksler is an expert in applied cryptography and Blockchain-powered services.
His projects include:
- CryptAByte.com, a secure messaging service based on public key cryptography.
- WalletRecovery.info, a Bitcoin wallet recovery service.
- Liberty.me, an integrated social network and blogging platform which launched with a Bitcoin-supported crowdfund, and pioneered Bitcoin shopping cart integration in 2013.
- C2CX, a crypto asset exchange with advanced trading features for Asia-Pacific market.
- FEE.org, the leading platform for advocating free markets and entrepreneurship to young people, and a blockchain advocate since Bitcoin was $14.
David spent 5 years in Shanghai, China, during which time he consulted with foreign businesses operating in China on information security best practices. He previously worked as an information systems architect for Education First, VML (part of WPP), Match.com, Essilor America, and Reynolds and Reynolds. David is currently the Director of Marketing and Technology at the Foundation for Economic Education. He holds a Masters in Management of Information Systems from Texas A&M Mays Business School.